As every situation is different, we are committed to trying to work with all our customers on a case-by-case basis. If you are impacted by COVID-19, we have affordable options available based on your situation. We will continue to update this page with answers to commonly asked questions.
We have always had and will continue to have flexible payment solutions for our customers. It is critical to reach out if your situation changes so that we can discuss payment options. Call us at 1-855-266-3131.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 7:00 pm, Friday 8:00am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Or you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to you and your family, we wanted to share the various government resources that are being made available. This information changes rapidly and we will try to keep our FAQs up to speed.
Here is the contact information to several government agencies. We found these links useful to help understand what the Federal Government is doing to support Canadians during this situation. Note that this information is as of April 6, 2020:
Who qualifies for the CERB?
It’s available to wage earners, contract workers and self-employed people who don’t qualify for employment insurance (EI).
The benefit will be available to workers living in Canada who are at least 15 years old and who:
- Have earned at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the year before their application from employment, self employment, employment insurance maternity and parental benefits, and/or similar benefits paid in Quebec under the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP), or a combination of these sources.
- Are without income for at least 14 consecutive days in a four-week period because of COVID-19, because they have temporarily stopped working, lost their jobs, are sick or in quarantine, or need to care for a child or a family member.
Where do people apply?
- The online portal to apply for CERB will be available April 6, 2020, and people can expect payments within 10 days. CERB payments will be issued every four weeks and will be available from March 15, 2020 to Oct. 3, 2020.
How can I apply?
- There are two ways for Canadians to apply: online with CRA My Account or over the phone with an automated phone service. If applying online or by phone, Canadians will receive a payment by direct deposit or by cheque.
- If applying online, Canadians will have to sign into CRA My Account. They should go to COVID-19: Canada Emergency Response Benefit in the alert banner at the top of the web page, select the period they want to apply for, declare that they qualify for the benefit and confirm the government has the right payment information.
- If applying over the phone, Canadians can call the automated toll-free line at 1-800-959-2019. This is a dedicated line for CERB applications. Before people call, they should have their social insurance number and postal code handy to verify their identity.
Both of these services will be available 21 hours a day, seven days a week. Both services are closed from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. ET for maintenance.
Support for individuals and families
- Increasing the Canada Child Benefit
- Special Goods and Services Tax credit payment
- Extra time to file income tax returns
- Mortgage support
Support for people facing unemployment
Support for people who are sick, quarantined, or in directed self-isolation
Support for people who are unable to work:
Support for seniors:
Support for students and recent graduates:
We offer you a number of convenient ways to make monthly payments on your Fidem Mastercard®, including:
- Set up automatic bill payments through your online banking. Just add Payee: “Fidem Mastercard”.
- Bring your Statement into your local bank and pay directly through your bank account.
- Visit a Western Union with a WUQC. Use “Fidem Canada” for the code city, “BC” for the code province.
- Pay online using TelPay at www.TelPay.ca.
- Mail a cheque to: Fidem Card, PO Box 48235, 595 Burrand Street, Vancouver, BC V7X 1A1.
Once you establish a payment history or have improved your situation, we can always re-evaluate and Fidem can determine if a credit increase can be granted. We will always need your consent to do so.
No. Your credit limit will not change when you make payments. We always need your consent to increase your limit. By making your required regular monthly payments, you create an ‘Open to Buy’ option on the account that allows you to enjoy the benefits of your new credit card.
No. The card will remain available to you even after you pay off the outstanding balance. There are many benefits to using your card even after paying it off in full.
No. At this time Fidem Finance does not have the cash advance option.
The customer information we collect is used to service your account(s) and provide customer service to you. Information may be used or shared with affiliated companies, as well as with authorized third parties.
Purposes may include:
- Protecting your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft
- Protecting your requests such as a credit card application
- Servicing your account by issuing statements
No. For detailed information on interest rates and account charges, please refer to our disclosure statement sent in your Welcome Package or call 1-800-259-1167.
Most applicants take about 15 minutes to fill out the form.