How can we help?
Here are some frequently asked questions
As every situation is different, we are committed to trying to work with all our customers on a case-by-case basis. If you are impacted by COVID-19, we have affordable options available based on your situation. We will continue to update this page with answers to commonly asked questions.
COVID 19 FAQs
We have always had and will continue to have flexible payment solutions for our customers. It is critical to reach out if your situation changes so that we can discuss payment options. Call us at 1-855-266-3131.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 7:00 pm, Friday 8:00am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Or you can send an email at email@example.com.
- The CRA is continuing to accept and process retroactive applications for period 7 (August 30 to September 26, 2020).
- At this time, you can only apply for period 7 through the CRA’s automated toll-free phone line at 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041. The CRA’s My Account portal is temporarily unavailable for retroactive CERB applications.
- The CRA is aiming to issue payments for retroactive applications within our service standard of 3-5 business days for direct deposit and 10-12 business days for cheques, however, in some cases it will take longer for payments to be issued.
From: Employment and Social Development Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application/transition.html)
Transition from CERB to Employment Insurance (EI)
The Government of Canada announced changes to the Employment Insurance (EI) program and new recovery benefits that will better support Canadians.
As of September 27, 2020, there are some temporary changes to the EI program to help you access EI benefits. These changes will be in effect for 1 year. Find out if you qualify:
New Recovery Benefits
If you were receiving CERB, you may be eligible for one of the new recovery benefits retroactive to September 27, 2020 and available until September 25, 2021.
The Canada Recovery Benefit will provide eligible workers with $500 per week (taxable, tax deducted at source) for up to 26 weeks for those who have stopped working and who are not eligible for EI, or had their employment/self-employment income reduced by at least 50% due to COVID-19. This benefit will be paid in two-week periods.
The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) will provide $500 per week (taxable, tax deducted at source) for up to a maximum of two weeks, for workers who are unable to work for at least 50% of the week because they contracted COVID-19, self-isolated for reasons related to COVID-19, or have underlying conditions, are undergoing treatments or have contracted other sicknesses that, in the opinion of a medical practitioner, nurse practitioner, person in authority, government or public health authority, would make them more susceptible to COVID-19. This benefit will be paid in one-week periods.
Credit Card FAQs
We offer you a number of convenient ways to make monthly payments on your Fidem Mastercard Card including:
- Set up automatic bill payments through your online banking. Just add Payee: “Fidem Mastercard”.
- Bring your Statement into your local bank and pay directly through your bank account.
- Visit a Western Union with a WUQC. Use “Fidem Canada” for the code city, “BC” for the code province.
- Pay online using TelPay at www.TelPay.ca.
- Mail a cheque to: Fidem Card, PO Box 48235, 595 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V7X 1A1.
Once you establish a payment history or have improved your situation, we can always re-evaluate and Fidem can determine if a credit increase can be granted. We will always need your consent to do so.
No. Your credit limit will not change when you make payments. We always need your consent to increase your limit. By making your required regular monthly payments, you create an ‘Open to Buy’ option on the account that allows you to enjoy the benefits of your new credit card.
No. The card will remain available to you even after you pay off the outstanding balance. There are many benefits to using your card even after paying it off in full.
No. At this time Fidem Finance does not have the cash advance option.
The customer information we collect is used to service your account(s) and provide customer service to you. Information may be used or shared with affiliated companies, as well as with authorized third parties.
Purposes may include:
- Protecting your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft
- Protecting your requests such as a credit card application
- Servicing your account by issuing statements
No. For detailed information on interest rates and account charges, please refer to our disclosure statement sent in your Welcome Package or call 1-800-259-1167.
Yes. The Fidem Mastercard® has all the same rights and privileges and can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted.